Thursday, January 15, 2009

Papaya leaves






I was chatting with a friend whose wife has been hospitalized few days earlier. I was trying to ask about his wife status since she had high fever with a very low blood platelet count and suspected to suffer from either dengue or typhoid fever. Her doctor could not yet determine the problem even after they left the hospital.


He got excited telling me about his new found medicine which is cheap and readily available.... The papaya leaves.... as far as I can remember papaya leaves is not edible we could not find any use for it, we just play it about anything we could imagine as a child. When I stayed in Indonesia way back in 1989, I was surprised knowing that I was eating a vegetable made from papaya leaves.


My friend gave his wife papaya leaves shake, a combination of papaya leaves and water mixed from the blender. After drinking the unfamiliar tasting formula, the wife felt better. They made laboratory test for the blood platelet count and to their surprise, it had increased to a normal level. No more fever and she was fast recovering from weakness.


Two days after, I read a posting from my yahoo group about papaya leaves as a cure for Dengue, the article says that it could bring the platelet count back to normal.

Up until this days, medical science has yet to discover many worders in nature to improve the the efficacy of modern medicines. Billions of dollars has been spent for reseach to discover new drugs but it seems that deseases that plaque mankind are still out of control. Why???

Can we say the answer my friend is blowin in the wind?.... or shall we say the answer is in the hearts of man.
























No comments:

Post a Comment