Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Abram Hoffer


When a family member is suffering from mental disorder, everyone feels disheartened and distressed. All you wanted is the best solution other than tranquilizers and dangerous drugs. When I asked our psychiatrist if all the drugs he prescribed were safe, I sensed he himself is not totally sure. I did some research and was horrified knowing their side effects. A man who was taking the same medicine our doctor prescribed run amok and killed some bystander after weeks of taking the medicine. Right there and then I threw all prescription drugs and started some megavitamins that comes from natural sources and is a lot safer compared to those chemicals manufactured from Laboratories. I continued my research on vitamins which are appropriate for psychosis until I stumbled upon the orthomolecular Medicine and its proponents.

I would like to share the biography of Abram Hoffer a psychiatrist whose approach in treating mental disorder is called Orthomolecular Medicine. He claimed that nutrition and mega dose of vitamins are effective in treating schizophrenia.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment